Why Remodel your Bathroom?
Thinking of doing a bathroom remodel to help increase the value of your home? You’re in good company. Research shows that remodeling your bathroom can provide a good return of investment. Renovation Magazine says that doing a bathroom remodel has a rate of return of 78.3% for homeowners.
Bathrooms are often a top priority for a home renovation, and with good reason. The ultimate reason to take on any home remodeling project as an owner-occupant is the enjoyment received from living in an updated home. For those hoping to also profit from a remodel, there are several sources offering insight into expected payback on specific projects. For example, REALTOR® magazine publishes an annual “Cost vs. Value” report that compares the cost of common remodeling projects and shows the payback that homeowners can expect. A bathroom remodel is listed as getting a 70 – 78% recovery. These payback estimates are based on the residential real estate market fundamentals at the time, as well as the average cost of construction.
The top 5 things to consider when remodeling their bathroom.
1. Have a plan. Lay out your plan. How do you want it to look, where you want things placed, where is the plumbing and will it work with what you are imagining?
2. Do your research. Find out what materials cost and be sure to compare and shop around. Make sure the products are of the same quality. You want to do this just once, so do it right the first time. Bathroom remodels can be costly if you do not lay out your project and budget ahead of time.
3. Don’t do it yourself! Hire a professional. Bathroom remodeling is a tough job. Home improvement, and especially bathroom remodeling involves more than just changing out fixtures. Often plumbing work is involved, and it is best to leave this work to a professional. Trust your remodel to a company.
4. Don’t hire just any contractor, you want to find a company and contractor that you can trust to professionally remodel your bathroom. Find a company that has a great rating with the Better Business Bureau and a healthy company history.
5. Work within your Budget. Design your bathroom within your means.
Check back in next week for our sequel, and learn what some of the hottest trends in 2018 for bathroom remodels are!